Guildford City Boys & Girls FC
Sponsorship Options 2017
As a not-for-profit charity and youth sports club, we rely on sponsorship from individuals and businesses to help support our club with the running of our many teams and our work in the community.
Sponsorship allows our club to provide our members with improved facilities, kit and equipment. Since our club was formed in the 1980’s.
Guildford City FC has grown into a sizable organisation, with age groups ranging from 4 years old to 18 years and over.
This document is meant as a guide; we are flexible and will always consider alternative ideas. These should be discussed with the Management Committee.
Benefits of Sponsorship for your organisation
For the sponsoring of individual or business, the benefits of sponsoring sport at the Grass Roots level are many and varied. Sponsoring is a very practical and visible way of supporting your community where you are based, it is also where your customers may operate and where your employees may live and work.
Providing our growing youth with opportunities in sports, facilities, kit & equipment and the ability to participate in a sports club and to also go on sports tours. This is a fantastic way of channeling their energies, promoting social skills and building stronger ‘family bonds (e.g. fathers and sons). Our club is run by volunteers who give up their free time in order to provide the boys and girls of Guildford City with an opportunity to enjoy the game we all love, and is funded (in the main) by members contributions and some grants.
Sponsorship will provide your organisation with visibility and positive name association as, depending on the amount or type of sponsorship you provide, there is the possibility of your company’s name or logo to appear on the items being sponsored (e.g. Playing Shirts, Training Tops etc.) and the club web site and Facebook page. Our teams play in a number of leagues, with Surrey Primary being the main one.
Types of sponsorship
There are 3 basic ways you can sponsor the club:
- Sponsorship of the Club (Event, Tournament or Website)
- Sponsorship of a Team
- Sponsor of equipment
|11 & 9 aside Team Sponsor|
|Training T-shirts||£320||2 Year Sponsor|
|Training Waterproofs||£400||2 Year Sponsor|
|Away Kit||£550||2 Year Sponsor|
|Club Hoodies||£399||2 Year Sponsor|
|7 aside and Under Team Sponsor|
|Training T-shirts||£200||2 Year Sponsor|
|Training Waterproofs||£400||2 Year Sponsor|
|Away Kit||£350||2 Year Sponsor|
|Club Hoodies||£300||2 Year Sponsor|
Please Note –
*Prices may vary over time, so please contact for a quote and more information.
*Prices are for a maximum of x15 for 11-a-side with additional extra’s required dependent of squad size.
*Prices for 7 a-side are for a maximum of x10 with additional extra’s required dependent of squad size.
|Club & Tournament Sponsor|
|Club Home Kit||Please Contact for more information.||Minimum 2 Year Sponsor|
|Equipment||Please Contact for more information.||N/A|
|Tournament Program||Please Contact for more information.||Weekend event|
- All sponsors need to be approved by the Club Management Committee.
Please submit details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship of the club, irrespective of which package is agreed only gives a sponsor the right to have their name and logo on the kit sponsored (if appropriate). Irrespective of who pays for the kit, (i.e. sponsor or club) the kit always remains the property of the club and it must comply with the club’s official kit standards at such time.
- All sponsorship funds received must be paid to the club (Club Treasurer). No kit can be ordered without the receipt of the sponsorship funds.
- The management committee reserves the rights to refuse approval for any expenditure, which, in the opinion of the committee, is not being appropriately used.
- The amounts specified above are the minimum amounts. This is a matter for your discretion when negotiating a deal with a potential sponsor.
- For most packages, the sponsorship is valid for 2 seasons. Typically, clothing items for the boys last for 2 years before they grow out of it or it needs replacing.
- Should a team fold or not continue for the full 2 seasons (or the time specified by the agreement) the club will have no liability to refund any sponsorship money.
- The club has a standard kit policy to ensure uniformity and consistency. The sponsorship policy should be read in conjunction with the kit policy and all kit must comply with this.
- All sponsors will be acknowledged on the club’s website with a banner and a potential link to the sponsors’ own website.
- All sponsor’s logo’s and names will be printed on club kit within the guidelines set out by the club and the FA.
- For Club Sponsors – sponsor’s logo will be added to the club website and all promotional material.
- Sponsor names and logos may be used in local papers and radios during contracted sponsorship time
For more information please contact: